Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Spiritual Days," "Temple plus Family Events"

Part of my assignment at the temple Thursday morning, was to be at the baptistry from 7-8 a.m. When I have that assignment, I go into the clothing to see if they need help. If there are clothes, towels to fold, I help with those & that is what I was doing when the 1st counselor in the temple presidency, President & Sis. Calder came in to speak with the brethen & said they needed a sister to stand by the girls locker room, to keep them inside. This special time on Thursday mornings is when Pres. Monsen & the members of the Twelve apostles have their weekly meeting on the 5th floor of the temple. The general authorities are so busy & it can take a lot of time if they stop & visit with everyone. Pres. Calder gave me a nod when he saw the first apostle, & I stepped inside the girls locker room door. They come up the short hall, turn left, go around the corner to an elevator. I could not distinguish who they were, but I could see large, dark figures. I could feel a special spirit. What an experience, to be so close to the Prophet & his apostles!

My early Friday morning assignment is participating in sealings at 5:45 a.m. I have done this as a patron before becoming an ordinance worker, but not as an ordinance worker. Most of the time, I served proxy as the wife, a few times, proxy as the daughter. This was a special, spiritual blessing. There were two sets of three people so we could trade off. As I sat in that beautiful room with those beautiful mirrors, they were many more people attending than was in the room. Those of you who have had this blessing, know what I mean. It seems you can see forever in those mirrors. Sealings were done for kings, queens, princesses, as well as many others.

Our assignments are usually changed monthly, but with the Salt Lake temple being closed the middle of January-February 2nd, 2009, our assignment is for Dec./Jan., six weeks. I espescially love my assignments for the next six weeks. I always put lots of names on the prayer roll, so let me know & I will be happy to add you to my list. I have kept Harry & Gigi's names on the prayer roll for months, plus Clemon & Kathy, John & Nanny, Farrel & Pat & etc.

Saturday, December 6th, Jay & I celebrated our "45th" wedding anniversary. I got my hair done at 8 a.m., came home for 20 minutes. We traveled to Bret & Mica's stake house which is in Alpine, not far from Rachael & Ryan. Our granddaughters, Alix & Brooklyn were baptized & confirmed at 10 a.m. Our children & grandchildren were all there. After, JaLynn & family, Jay & I went to Subway Sandwiches, Jim & family were there. We had a nice visit, then Jay & I, JaLynn & family went shopping at the University Mall in Orem. Boy, was the traffic terrible & the mall was very busy. I wanted to go to Kirkland's Decorating store. They have these stores in Jacksonville, FL. This store in Orem is the only one in Utah. One of the clerk's said the other closest store is in Las Vegas, NV. Maybe, I'll have to try that store, someday.

Bret & Mica's three daughters, Alix, Anastin, Keatyn & Ken & Lori's daughter, Attli had a dance revue at 3 p.m. We were about 20 minutes late. It was so christmasy & cute. The colors & choreography were beautiful! Keatyn (age 3) & Attli (age 2 1/2) were so cute. They wore pretty, red tutus & danced to "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree!" They really did a great, cute job. Alix & Anasin also did an great job!

Mimi's resturant was nearby, so Jay & I had dinner there. We talk about going to a movie sometime, but does not happen too often. We went to see "4 Christmases" with Reece Witherspoon & I can't remember "his" name. There are always "spots" they could leave out, but all in all, it was cute & funny. It's good to enjoy a movie that makes you laugh or cry.

Speaking of "things" that make you laugh, if you haven't seen Echo's Elves video, you should. Jay & I thoroughly enjoyed that! Of course, since we know the performers personally, it made it all the better! Aren't they such great dancers!!

1 comment:

gigi said...

I loved the update on your blog. Thank you so much for keeping our names on the prayer roll. I can't tell you what comfort that brings me. I would love to work in the temple some day.

What a fun day and way to celebrate your 45 wedding anniversary. Being with family is the icing on the cake. Love yall.