Sunday, December 28, 2008

HOLIDAY UPDATE!

We had our family christmas party on Dec. 20th. It is one of my favorite times to get together with our children & grandchildren. They have such a good time! We always do some form of christmas bingo. Ken's wife, Lori, & I love to play games. So do the grandkids. I purchase small gifts from the $ store & wrap them. We ordered in pizza, & picked up chicken wings for dinner. Everyone brought treats. Then, we played christmas bingo, G'pa Jay read the Christmas story. We opened presents (we started with the youngest grandchild, Cohen, & went up). We did get to see what gift everyone received. Later, Lori gathered all of the children & played "Spoons." I joined them for the last few games of Spoons. It was really fun!

On the evening of the 19th of Dec., we went to Nielco Roofing's company party. It was held at the Bohemian Resturant. We had the best prime rib that I have ever had! I don't know what seasonings they used, but it was wonderful. After leaving the party, we stopped by a clinic. I had a sinus infection & they gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. Plus, I may have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. We had a quiet, christmas day, just Jay & I. We were going to JaLynn's, but a nasty storm was coming in. Friday, Jay got up & used the snowblower to clear the drive & sidewalks. He got half finished, came in the house, fell on the floor & did not move for a while. He could not stand up straight or walk & was in terrible pain. Yesterday, Saturday, Ken took Jay to the St. Mark's emergency room. I met them there. The E.R. took x-rays, ultra sound, gave him pain medication. He came home with 5 new prescriptions. We have to call his primary call physician & make an appointment for an MRI. They, also, gave Jay the name of an orthopedic back specialist, to see. It's been almost two days. I cannot see any improvement. It really concerned me because I have never seen him like that. We know that soon he will be better. He needs to get the pain under control, which he has not been able to do.

Sorry, about all of the personal info., I really wanted you to know that even if Jay & I spent christmas day by ourselves, it was a good christmas! It's all about families!! Happy Holidays!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also had a great quiet christmas. My children all came Friday. Jay maybe you need to move to Georgia where you don't have to shovel snow or use the snow blower. From you Aunt who is only two years older than you.

gigi said...

Wishing you a very blessed New Year! Love ya.