Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BRYCE'S CANYON/FAMILY-JULY 2008

JaLynn & her family, Mike & Heather's two children, Brooklyn & Braden, & Jay & I were the only ones who ended up going to Bryce's Canyon. Bret & Ken had things going on at work they felt they couldn't leave. But we sure had a good time! Cassie, JaLynn's youngest, rode with us. When we were on our way to pick-up Brooklyn & Braden, Cassie said, "Braden never talks to me." Well, those were her famous last words! When Braden got in the car, he started talking & laughing, & did not stop until we took him home!! He & Brooklyn were so cute. JaLynn's kids were cute with them. Duane was cute with Braden. We drove thru the canyon & saw many beautiful rock formations. The formations are different shades of orange. Beautiful! We had a picnic lunch under the big trees in the canyon. The weather was so nice all the time we were gone! Salt Lake was hot!! We visited shops in "Old Town." I wish I knew how to include pictures with my blog. They had these cut-outs of a cowboy & a saloon girl, the kind you put your heads in. Everybody had to have at least one photo of themselves. It was so funny to watch. Everyone enjoy laughing at the others! Oh, yes, we saw a chipmunk (or something like that). He was so friendly, he's run right up to you. I think that was Brooklyn's favorite moment. I took pictures of him. We were only gone three days, but they were worth it!

JaLynn & friends leave on July 25th for an Alaskan Cruise. They will return on Aug. 4th. Jay & I, along with Shalayne will make sure someone is with them at all times. I don't want JaLynn to worry about anything. I want her to relax & enjoy!! She deserves it. The death of a young loved one has to be the hardest, especially when you are so close to them. I know what Pat & Farrel are going thru. Jay & I still get emotional about Tracy & Laura. Hope you are having a great summer!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That sounds like a great trip. I would love to see the pics. If you don't figure it out before Oct., I will show you how to do it when you visit us. It's really easy once you know how.

gigi said...

That's a fun Trip. Betsy, Val and Valerie and all the kids took us there our first trip.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grandma! We just read your post. Brook and Braden were so excited to read what you wrote. They had a great time and still talk about the trip! Thanks for letting them go! We love you!

The Griffis 4 said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast!