Tuesday, January 20, 2009

GREAT START FOR 1009!!

Well, not really. Jay is having back surgery on Feb. 10th. He is having 3 discs fused. It will be a long, slow recovery, so they say. I am scheduled for rotator cuff surger on March 11th. That all depends on how Jay is doing. He is using a walker that grandpa John left a few years ago. He cannot stand up by himself, more than a minute. He can take care of himself, except that I run most of the errands, cook, wash, etc. This does not help my shoulder, but we need to take care of him, first. Tonight, for the first time since he hurt his back, we went out to dinner, the Sizzler. Kind of nice, for a change.

Jay & Jen are scheduled for surgeries on the same day. I'm sure Jim & I will be sitting in a waiting room, together. I will check my blog to see how everyone is doing. Happy New Year to you!!

1 comment:

gigi said...

Gosh I hate to hear that. Hope and pray that recovery will be quick.