Monday, June 2, 2008

All is well with the Goodriches!

I am still learning about blogging, as you can tell! We had a great trip to Newport, Oregon. Newport is located on the coast of Oregon, about the middle of the state. It is the most scenic drive, absolutely beautiful. We did a lot of sight-seeing. Jay and I attended a session at the Portland temple, while Udell & Shirley visited Udell's sister in Vancouver, WA, which was about 20 miles north of Portland. Betsy had to get her hair fixed, so she & Val found a beauty salon somewhere in Vancouver. The Portland temple is beautiful, as is all temples that we have seen. We waited about 2 1/2 hours for Val & Betsy to pick us up from the temple. We saw the baptistry, had a late lunch and waited. They, finally, found us about 6 p.m. We had two GPS's, but Betsy did not have the patience to use one of them.

I found my lighthouse jacket. It has lighthouses on it from the west coast. I have looked & looked for the east coast lighthouse jacket, but could not find one on Jekyll or St. Simons. JaLynn's Emily graduated from seminary and high school. Shalayne is working in the office for Ken & Bret. It is a good job for her. I have been trying to get into Courtney's blog so I can see Nanny's humongous fish. She is so thrilled about that fish. I would be, too.

Six people have responded to my drawing about a free book. What about the rest of you?? The cut-off date will be July 4th, 2008. So, come on, what is your favorite religious book and why!!!

3 comments:

g said...

I love too many books to pick one I'll have to get back to you

Tara said...

Hey there...it's me Tara...I don't have time to figure out a favorite religious book...I love the short stories in the Ensign...is that enough to be put in for the book drawing?
Hope things are going well...we can visit us at:
www.halebtblog.blogspot.com

gigi said...

Leave it to Betsy to get her hair fixed.