Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall

Fall is finally here. Jay & I went to a Real (Re-al) soccer game. As I went to get into the car, I noticed a beautiful, yellow leaf on the driveway. I took the time to look around me & found that it is fall, even in my neighborhood. The leaves in the mountains have been slowly changing, also. I hope that I take the time to notice all of God's beautiful creations, everyday. We have a professional soccer stadium in Sandy, Utah. Bret, Avery, Jaxx, Rixx, Mike, & Braden met us at the game. It was really fun. Plus I enjoy seeing my grandchildren anytime, also, my sons!

Jay answered the door for the Trick or Treaters! I always manage to get him to do that. I called Keatyn, tonight. She is Bret & Mica's youngest, almost 3 years old. She told me that she lost her Halloween candy. She is so cute & fun, as are all of my grandchildren. I should not tell anyone, but tomorrow is our son, Jim's "big 40th" birthday. He did not want a party, but Jen invited Jay & I over for dinner. We will have to surprise him at another time. If you would like to meet a courageous, young man, Trent DuVal, Jen's neighbor who has cancer & is not expected to live much longer, go to Jen's blog & then click on Trent's blog. The photo of him when he first got the cancer reminds me of my grandson, Avery. He has been through so much. We are so happy for Harry. Maybe, Harry will be running races when we see him, again.

Florida & Georgia were great! We were gone for three weeks! One week too long! No matter where you live, it is always so nice to come home! We enjoyed our visits, reunion, & Orlando. It was fun to go fishing in Nanny's (my mom) pond, nearly every afternoon with my mom. We, even, got Jay to fish. I'm glad Mama & John get so much enjoyment out of that pond. I think Mama might enjoy it more, but John drives the golf cart & even fishes some. He had a terribe stroke six years ago. He has come so far. It was fun to watch him catch fish. Not much has changed since we have been home. Ken & Mike go hunting a lot. Ken got a deer. Mike got a deer & an elk. Elk are as big as horses. They enjoy the outdoors. JaLynn has chosen the monument/headstone for Tracy. She & the children are doing good, but it's not easy to be responsible for everything. She calls her dad to help her with paperwork, answer questions. She calls me when she is sick. I hear about husbands who are mean to their wives & run around on them. What heartache for a family! Even though it is still hard, Tracy & his dad were heros, trying to help a friend when they were killed in the wildfire, summer of 2007. Count your blessings, we never know what we may have to go through. Volunteering in the temple is a blessing to Jay & I. I never knew what went on behind the scenes before working there. It is such a spiritual place, so serene & peaceful. Love to all.

2 comments:

gigi said...

This is a great update on your blog. Good to hear from you. So much is going on every where. Glad you are feeling better. Happy Birthday Jim!

g said...

We are looking forward to having yiou for dinner tonight. Our stkae was in charge of cleaning the Jordan River temple this week is was a very peaceful. I hope I can be a temple worker like you guys.